Sports Nutrition Specialist
|No Future Dates Scheduled|
Enhance your Personal Fitness Trainer Certification! You’ve heard it, you’ve read it, and you know from experience it’s true: You’ll feel better and perform better when you choose the right foods to fuel your body. The problem is, the more active your lifestyle is, the less time you have to spend on preparing healthful meals. The Sports Nutrition Specialist Certification trains you in the principles of basic nutrition.
- Principles of Basic Nutrition
- Energy Metabolism
- Dietary Recommendations
- Weight Control Issues
- Nutrition Misinformation
- Nutrition Specifics to the Sport
- Body Types
The following eligibility requirements have been implemented for the certification exam:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must hold adult CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) certification and it must be current at the time of the exam. Those submitting proof of CPR with their application will be exempt from future CPR audits, up to the expiration date of the certification. (You may sit for the exam without proof of CPR; however, you will not receive your exam results until you provide proof of current CPR certification.)
- In order to take the Certification exams, you must attend the NAFTA workshop for the specific certification you are pursuing and have taken the practical examination component prior to receiving your on line access to the written exam.
To get recertified in this certification you either need to earn 15 CEU's or take a new certification workshop. To apply for recertification, please log in to your account.