NAFTA complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). We strive to ensure that no individual with a qualified disability is deprived of the opportunity to take the examination solely by reason of that disability. NAFTA will provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities.
Candidates requesting reasonable accommodations must submit a Candidate Request for Reasonable Accommodations Forms within the Policy and Procedures Manual listed as (Appendix A, B and C). This documentation must be submitted at least 45 business days prior to the desired examination date via one of the following options::
- Mail: NAFTA, 28150 N. Alma School Rd, Ste 201, Scottsdale, AZ 85262
- Secure Fax: 480-248-2165
- Email: zconner@NAFTAFITNESS.org
Any additional support documentation must appear on the licensed professional’s official letterhead and include all of the following:
- The licensed professional’s title, address, and telephone number
- A description of the nature of the functional limitation as it applies to taking an online or traditional paper and pencil multiple-choice standardized test
- The specific accommodations the candidate will need for testing to include rationale
The authority providing this documentation may also include test results or other official documentation that identifies the candidate’s disability and the accommodation(s) required.
All documentation must be submitted together. If any documentation is missing or incomplete, the completed package must be submitted within 45 days of test date or the reasonable accommodations review process will expire. Late submittals may impact NAFTA’s ability to provide the requested reasonable accommodation for the registered test date and an alternative test date may have to be scheduled.