The Certification Process Explained
The NAFTA GEI certification process is easy to follow.
Get Your GEI Credentials follow these steps:
1. Determine Your Eligibility
- Must be 18 Years of Age of Older
- Must have a High School Diploma or the Equivalent
- Current Adult CPR/AED Certification
2. Pick your Certification Study Package
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR ALL-INCLUSIVE PRO KIT
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR PREMIUM SELF-STUDY PRO PLUS
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR SELF-STUDY PRO ESSENTIALS
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR SELF-STUDY PRO BASICS
3. Prepare for the EXAM!
- Prepare for your exam in your own time frame, around your schedule! You have access to all your study materials online. Study whenever or wherever you’d like.
- There are no specific times or days you need to have things done by. Just take and pass your exam within one year of your test eligibility.
- It takes around 60-70 hours of study time to fully prepare for your exam. This includes the average time for reading through your materials.
- There are 100 multiple choice questions you’ll need to answer within a two hour time limit. Exam questions pertain to 4 Domains For a detailed breakdown of the exam go here.
4. Schedule Your Exam!
SCHEDULING YOUR EXAM
- In the initial Welcome Email you are given a Username and Password that is specific for accessing the test appointment portal (see the “Testing Information” section of the Welcome Email).
- NAFTA partners with a test security and administration vendor, Assessment Systems Testing Inc. You will be given login criteria to use in their scheduling portal to make your exam appointment.
- A link to this scheduling portal is in the Welcome Email. You can also go to your NAFTA online account and locate the “Schedule My Exam” in the “NAFTA Exam Resources” section of the main navigational menu.
5. TAKE the Exam!
TAKE YOUR EXAM
- Be sure to take your voucher with you.
- Be sure to have copies of your current CPR/AED Certification
- Government Issued Identification
- BE AT LEAST 30 MINUTES EARLY!