Fitness Specialist for Older Adults
|No Future Dates Scheduled|
If you’re not certified to train older adults, you are missing a huge part of the fitness market. Fitness programming for older adults often requires special considerations due to health conditions, loss of muscular strength, compromised balance or lack of self confidence. This course will help you understand age related conditions, assess abilities and determine appropriates exercise exercise prescriptions for older adults. Newly expanded for 2005 to include more fitness programming for special populations.
- Physiology and Psychology of Aging
- Fitness Programming for Low Back
- Fitness Programming for Diabetes
- Fitness Programming for Hypertension and Stroke
- Safety and Screening Guidelines
- Physical Changes Concerns
- Functional Fitness Assessment
- Teaching and Leadership Skills
- Chair and Walk Exercise
- Nutrition and Aging
- Body Awareness and Alignment
- Nutritional Needs
- Tai Chi
The following eligibility requirements have been implemented for the certification exam:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must hold adult CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) certification and it must be current at the time of the exam. Those submitting proof of CPR with their application will be exempt from future CPR audits, up to the expiration date of the certification. (You may sit for the exam without proof of CPR; however, you will not receive your exam results until you provide proof of current CPR certification.)
- In order to take the Certification exams, you must attend the NAFTA workshop for the specific certification you are pursuing and have taken the practical examination component prior to receiving your on line access to the written exam.
To get recertified in this certification you either need to earn 15 CEU's or take a new certification workshop. To apply for recertification, please log in to your account.