Tai Chi Instructor
|No Future Dates Scheduled|
T'ai Chi has been practiced for centuries by men and women of all ages and fitness levels. Total T'ai Chi certification course offers a complete, easy-to-use, fully illustrated instruction to this timeless practice. This total body program emphasizes balance, posture, breathing techniques, concentration, and complete relaxation. Simple and easy movements will increase energy flow, promote coordination and balance, and teach the mind and body to move as one.
Practical Application: Minimum of 175 hours of documented teaching experience. Documentation can be in the form of current/previous employer(s) letter(s) documenting the hours of instruction detailed by each hour performed.
Recertification: additional 40 hours each year for recertification every two years. This can be documented via current employer(s) letter(s) stating that the 40 hours have been met.
- 5 Movement Methods
- 5 Breath Methods
- 3 Meditation, Visualization, and Relaxation Methods
- Ten Phases of Qi Cultivation and Mastery: Essential of Integral Qigong
- Integral Qigong and Tai Chi Forms
- Teaching Methodology
- Anatomy, Physiology and Kinesiology
- Philosophy, Psychology and Lifestyle
- Professional Practices
The following eligibility requirements have been implemented for the certification exam:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must hold adult CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) certification and it must be current at the time of the exam. Those submitting proof of CPR with their application will be exempt from future CPR audits, up to the expiration date of the certification. (You may sit for the exam without proof of CPR; however, you will not receive your exam results until you provide proof of current CPR certification.)
- In order to take the Certification exams, you must attend the NAFTA workshop for the specific certification you are pursuing and have taken the practical examination component prior to receiving your on line access to the written exam.
To get recertified in this certification you either need to earn 15 CEU's or take a new certification workshop. To apply for recertification, please log in to your account.