Personal Fitness Trainer Level I
If you want to earn your personal training certification, you’re in the right place. NAFTA's Personal Fitness Trainer Certification is among the best in the industry. Developed for those who plan to work with apparently healthy individuals, our curriculum is updated continuously according to the latest research and techniques to help you challenge, guide, support and motivate your clients.
- Exercise Science
- Exercise Physiology
- Health & Fitness Assessments
- Exercise Programming for Healthy Adults
- Principles of Nutrition & Weight Management
- Behavioral Change
Obtaining a NAFTA's Personal Fitness Trainer Certification demonstrates to potential employers your commitment to the profession and is valid for two years from the date of issue. Personal Fitness Trainer certificants must hold current adult CPR and AED certification from a recognized provider including a hands-on practical skills assessment.
There are three (3) Main Options available:
OPTION 1-Live Workshop and Self Study
NAFTA provides a live exam preparation workshop presented by an experienced NAFTA educator.
Prepare on your own using NETA’s recommended study materials (Pro Kit):
After you have studied and are prepared, the schedule to attend NAFTA’s 4-Day live Personal Fitness Trainer Certification Review Workshop featuring interactive lectures, demonstrations and practical applications that will assist in preparing you to develop the technical knowledge and leadership skills to become an effective and successful personal fitness trainer.
OPTION 2- Computer Based and/or On-Site Proctor Testing and Self Study
Prepare on your own using NAFTA’s recommended study materials (Pro Plus Kit). The Pro Kit includes:
Once you believe that you are prepared you then schedule the computer-based certification exam and/or the local On Site Proctor througout the US and Internationally.
OPTION 3-Computer Based and/or On-Site Proctor Testing
Preparing for NAFTA's certification is now more convenient and stress-free. You are not required to purchase the NAFTA recommended materials nor attend a live workshop. The Premier Package includes: Access to the Testing site whether it be computer based or live on site Proctor and the Study Guide.
The following eligibility requirements have been implemented for the certification exam:
- Have completed high school (or equivalent).
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must hold adult CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) certification and it must be current at the time of the exam. Those submitting proof of CPR with their application will be exempt from future CPR audits, up to the expiration date of the certification. (You may sit for the exam without proof of CPR; however, you will not receive your exam results until you provide proof of current CPR certification.)
- Hold a current CPR/AED certification with a live skills check.
- Present a current government-issued photo ID with signature (driver's license, passport, military ID)
To get recertified in this certification you either need to earn 15 CEU's or take a new certification workshop. To apply for recertification, please log in to your account.