Aqua Aerobic Exercise Instructor
|No Future Dates Scheduled|
Create a splash with your customers! Learn how to conduct low-impact aerobic routines in the water and facilitate activity in all age groups.
This course is designed to prepare participants for designing challenging and effective aquatic classes. Topics covered are properties fo aquatic training, instructional techniques, resistance training for aquatics, aquatic exercises, programs for common injuries and healthy populations, teaching on deck and in the water, designing interval and circuit training classes.
- Screening and Assessment
- Aquatic Group Scripting and Sequencing
- Exercise Guidelines and Safety
- Aquatic Exercise Overview
- Principles of Water
- Special Populations
- Equipment Use
- Designing an Aquatic Group Exercise Class
- Basic Nutrition
The following eligibility requirements have been implemented for the certification exam:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must hold adult CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) certification and it must be current at the time of the exam. Those submitting proof of CPR with their application will be exempt from future CPR audits, up to the expiration date of the certification. (You may sit for the exam without proof of CPR; however, you will not receive your exam results until you provide proof of current CPR certification.)
- In order to take the Certification exams, you must attend the NAFTA workshop for the specific certification you are pursuing and have taken the practical examination component prior to receiving your on line access to the written exam.
To get recertified in this certification you either need to earn 15 CEU's or take a new certification workshop. To apply for recertification, please log in to your account.