Group Exercise Instructor
February 29, 2020
April 18, 2020
June 16, 2020
Our interactive Group Exercise Certification study program takes you step-by-step through everything you need to become an effective instructor. You will gain the knowledge to create amazing classes for your clients.
- Music Skills
- Components of Physical Activity and Fitness
Obtaining a NAFTA Group Exercise Instructor certification demonstrates to potential employers your commitment to the profession and is valid for two years from the date of issue.
If you need help through the study process, NAFTA’s knowledgeable staff are always available to help by phone or
There are three (3) Main Options available:
OPTION 1-Live Workshop and Self Study
NAFTA provides a live exam preparation workshop presented by an experienced NAFTA educator.
Prepare on your own using NETA’s recommended study materials (Pro Kit):
After you have studied and are prepared, the schedule to attend NAFTA’s 1-Day live Group Exercise Instructor Certification Review Workshop featuring interactive lectures, demonstrations and practical applications that will assist in preparing you to develop the technical knowledge and leadership skills to become an effective and successful group exercise instructor.
OPTION 2- Computer Based and/or On-Site Proctor Testing and Self Study
Prepare on your own using NAFTA’s recommended study materials (Pro Plus Kit). The Pro Kit includes:
Once you believe that you are prepared you then schedule the computer-based certification exam and/or the local On Site Proctor througout the US and Internationally.
OPTION 3-Computer Based and/or On-Site Proctor Testing
Preparing for NAFTA's certification is now more convenient and stress-free. You are not required to purchase the NAFTA recommended materials nor attend a live workshop. The Premier Package includes: Access to the Testing site whether it be computer based or live on site Proctor and the Study Guide.
The following eligibility requirements have been implemented for the certification exam:
- Have completed high school (or equivalent).
- Be at least 18 years old.
- You must hold adult CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) certification and it must be current at the time of the exam. Those submitting proof of CPR with their application will be exempt from future CPR audits, up to the expiration date of the certification. (You may sit for the exam without proof of CPR; however, you will not receive your exam results until you provide proof of current CPR certification.)
- You must hold current certification in Basic First Aid and it must be current at the time of the exam. Those submitting proof of First Aid Certification with their application will be exempt from future audits, up to the expiration date of the certification. (You may sit for the exam without proof of First Aid Certification; however, you will not receive your exam results until you provide proof of current First Aid certification.)
- Present a current government-issued photo ID with signature (driver's license, passport, military ID)
To get recertified in this certification you either need to earn 15 CEU's or take a new certification workshop. To apply for recertification, please log in to your account.