Pilates Reformer Level 1
|No Future Dates Scheduled|
1 Day Live Workshop
The first of 5 Reformer programs including a comprehensive introduction to the Reformer.
Learn 46 Beginner Exercises that are a safe and effective introduction for new Pilates Reformer clients.
NAFTA introduction course to the use of the Pilates Reformer machine is designed to give you all the tools required for a complete program on the reformer. The reformer is considered the most versatile piece of Pilates equipment and the most popular single piece of Pilates equipment used in physical therapy today. This program will teach you movements in supine, sitting, side lying and 4 point kneeling. The movements will cover control, strength, stretch and mobilization of the spine, legs, arms, mid back and head/neck. You will also be introduced to the APPI’s unique movement screen to allow you deliver a clinically reasoned program specific to the needs of your client.
NAFTA is firmly established as the leading force in the delivery of safe and effective Pilates teacher training for the allied health industry. Reformer level 1 course provides rehabilitation professionals with the essential, fundamental knowledge to begin offering reformer Pilates exercises to their clients.
- Recognize the value of the Pilates Reformer machine
- Teach a complete series of movements to create programs for clients immediately after the
- Apply movements for the spine, hip/knee, foot/ankle and mid back/upper limb
- Use movements that cover control, strength, mobility and stretch
- Modify the movements for different clinical populations.
Module 1: History and evolution of the Reformer. Features of the Reformer, Reformer/client set up, Maintaining the Reformer
Module 2: The five key elements of Pilates
- Movement session: Foot series
- Movement session: Second series, Monkey
- Movement session: Single leg series
Module 3: Introduction to the Reformer
- Review: Group teaching by Instructor of
afternoon session movements
- Group teaching by Instructor
- Movement session: Mid back series
- Movement session: Feet in straps
Module 4: The NAFTA Pilates
- Review: Group teaching by Instructor
- Movement session
The following eligibility requirements have been implemented for the certification exam:
- Have completed high school (or equivalent).
- Be at least 18 years old.
- You must hold adult CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) certification and it must be current at the time of the exam. Those submitting proof of CPR with their application will be exempt from future CPR audits, up to the expiration date of the certification. (You may sit for the exam without proof of CPR; however, you will not receive your exam results until you provide proof of current CPR certification.)
- Present a current government-issued photo ID with signature (driver's license, passport, military ID)
To get recertified in this certification you either need to earn 15 CEU's or take a new certification workshop. To apply for recertification, please log in to your account.