Pilates Reformer Level 2
|No Future Dates Scheduled|
The reformer is considered the most versatile piece of Pilates equipment and the most popular single piece of Pilates equipment used for rehabilitation today. This course progresses on from what was learned in NAFTA’s Reformer Pilates Level 1 course. During the course you will learn further beginner and intermediate level movements, teaching skills for small group sessions and planning skills for small group sessions.
NAFTA is firmly established as the leading force in the delivery of safe and effective Pilates teacher training for the allied health industry. NAFTA courses are now available throughout the USA and in over 20 countries worldwide. Based on the most up to date evidence, NAFTA’s Pilates – Reformer level 2 course provides rehabilitation professionals with the essential, fundamental knowledge to begin offering reformer Pilates exercises to their clients.
Following this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the value of the Pilates Reformer machine to a rehabilitation facility
- Teach a range of beginner and intermediate Reformer Pilates movements to small groups
- Plan Reformer Pilates classes for small groups
- Apply Reformer Pilates movements for the spine, hip/knee, foot/ankle and mid back/upper limb
- Use Reformer Pilates movements that cover control, strength, mobility and stretch
- Modify Reformer Pilates movements for different clinical populations
The following eligibility requirements have been implemented for the certification exam:
- Have completed high school (or equivalent).
- Be at least 18 years old.
- You must hold adult CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) certification and it must be current at the time of the exam. Those submitting proof of CPR with their application will be exempt from future CPR audits, up to the expiration date of the certification. (You may sit for the exam without proof of CPR; however, you will not receive your exam results until you provide proof of current CPR certification.)
- Present a current government-issued photo ID with signature (driver's license, passport, military ID)
To get recertified in this certification you either need to earn 15 CEU's or take a new certification workshop. To apply for recertification, please log in to your account.