Pre & Post Natal Fitness Instructor
|No Future Dates Scheduled|
This workshop begins by explaining to fitness professionals the benefits and risks associated with exercise during pregnancy, as well as the physiological changes that take place in a woman’s body over the course of a pregnancy. Fitness professionals will learn programming, biomechanical, nutritional and psychological considerations in addition to postnatal fitness.
- Define and explain gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, and maternal obesity
- Explain the contraindications and risk factors associated with exercising during pregnancy
- List the physiological changes that take place during pregnancy, including those seen in the musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, respiratory, and thermoregulatory systems
- Explain the biomechanical considerations for the pregnant woman, including low-back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, and diastasis recti
- Define the benefits and risks of exercise following pregnancy, as well as biomechanical considerations for the lactating mother
- Explain programming guidelines and considerations for both pre and postnatal exercisers
The following eligibility requirements have been implemented for the certification exam:
- Have completed high school (or equivalent).
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must hold adult CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) certification and it must be current at the time of the exam. Those submitting proof of CPR with their application will be exempt from future CPR audits, up to the expiration date of the certification. (You may sit for the exam without proof of CPR; however, you will not receive your exam results until you provide proof of current CPR certification.)
- You must hold current certification in Basic First Aid and it must be current at the time of the exam. Those submitting proof of First Aid Certification with their application will be exempt from future audits, up to the expiration date of the certification. (You may sit for the exam without proof of First Aid Certification; however, you will not receive your exam results until you provide proof of current First Aid certification.)
- Present a current government-issued photo ID with signature (driver's license, passport, military ID)
- In order to take the Certification exams, you must attend the NAFTA workshop for the specific certification you are pursuing and have taken the practical examination component prior to receiving your on line access to the written exam.
To get recertified in this certification you either need to earn 15 CEU's or take a new certification workshop. To apply for recertification, please log in to your account.