Power Cycle Instructor
All the technical skills and tools needed to create fun, exciting and motivating cycling classes.
This course is designed for the instructor who wants to expand their teaching capabilities to indoor cycling. This program utilizes various cycling programs' strengths to create a well-rounded cycle instructor who can instruct on any indoor cycle. Topics include safe and effective cycle class design, cycling techniques for endurance, speed and strength, choreography and example workouts, studio setup & design, and much more!
Written Exam: The written exam will given at the end of the class. You are required to bring your laptop as the exam is administered through the NAFTA portal.
Practical Exam: The practical exam will be administered during the class.
*NAFTA, course materials will be presented to you electronically upon completion of your purchase. The courses included the electronic materials, the workshops and/or the OnDemand Videos, written exam and practical exams (where applicable). Upon successful completion the participants will receive a certification.
NAFTA does not offer refunds, transfers nor course credits for any purchase or incomplete course.
Participants have 90 days from the date of purchase to complete the course. If not completed within the 90 days, you can request a 30-day extension but it must be requested prior to the 90 day expiration date.
- Principles Indoor Cycling
- Safety Guidelines
- Class Design
- Setting up the Bike
The following eligibility requirements have been implemented for the certification exam:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must hold adult CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) certification and it must be current at the time of the exam. Those submitting proof of CPR with their application will be exempt from future CPR audits, up to the expiration date of the certification. (You may sit for the exam without proof of CPR; however, you will not receive your exam results until you provide proof of current CPR certification.)
- You must hold current certification in Basic First Aid and it must be current at the time of the exam. Those submitting proof of First Aid Certification with their application will be exempt from future audits, up to the expiration date of the certification. (You may sit for the exam without proof of First Aid Certification; however, you will not receive your exam results until you provide proof of current First Aid certification.)
- In order to take the Certification exams, you must attend the NAFTA workshop for the specific certification you are pursuing and have taken the practical examination component prior to receiving your on line access to the written exam.
To get recertified in this certification you either need to earn 15 CEU's or take a new certification workshop. To apply for recertification, please log in to your account.